Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you help with the build-out of tools and methodologies to support the market and revenue team’s ability to manage merchant exposure
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with stakeholders across the group in areas of research, trading, strategy, and technology. The team supports the U.S. commercial team with analysis that ranges from statistical to fundamental. The team also builds, deploys, and maintains tools across multiple technological platforms.
Welcome to Onshore
You’ll be part of Markets and Revenue where you, together with your colleagues, will establish and manage projects related to market research and analysis, trading model development, and commercial valuation, in support of the larger goal of better managing merchant risk and expanding Onshore’s geographic footprint. This can be the evaluation of short-term trends, development of macro views, and the building of tools or dashboards across the decision-making timeline.
You’ll play an important role in:
- conducting research and analysis on specific markets and technologies, incl. solar, storage, hydrogen, etc., which will have a direct impact on the commercial direction for the Onshore team
- working with stakeholders to properly value different commercial opportunities presented to the business
- supporting all areas of analytics e.g., fundamental, quantitative, valuations, and transmission
- learning about power trading, risk management, structured pricing, and the other commercial activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- 1-3 years’ experience as an entry-level market or structured pricing analyst
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, engineering, or any related analytical field
- preferably have programming skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-07-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.