Senior Project Director - Head of Product Line Power Transmission (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you lead more than 100 colleagues to enable clean, green electricity to be safely and securely transmitted to homes and businesses
Join us in this role where you’ll be developing and executing the commercial and technical strategy for our offshore wind farms within the High Voltage transmission scope. You’ll drive the development of the supply chain, technology innovation, and Local Content opportunities to proactively ensure successful product delivery to support our asset project execution. You’ll be accountable for the continuous improvement of key business performance indicators, e.g., LCOE, risk, CoPQ, HSE, and other strategic objectives.
Welcome to Product Lines and Procurement
You’ll be part of Product Line Power Transmission where you’ll lead the team and be accountable for ensuring consistent technical and commercial development across the High Voltage transmission scopes. You’ll engage with a broad range of internal senior stakeholders across the business, e.g., COO, SVP, regional leads, functional heads, and Market and Project Develop leads, as well as developing influencing relationships with key suppliers’ senior management.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting the strategic direction for the Product Line Power Transmission, ensuring that our future asset project pipeline can be executed successfully
- ensuring alignment across scopes to ensure the delivery of fully integrated and optimised power transmission systems to our asset projects
- developing existing and new supply chains to match our future pipeline of projects
- providing vision, direction, and motivation to a highly competent and enthusiastic cross-functional team distributed across several countries
- leading the sourcing processes for transmission scopes for all offshore projects in our organisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with technical or commercial leadership in an international setting, incl. collaboration with both external stakeholders and senior management
- have expert knowledge within commercial affairs and hold a broad holistic understanding of the offshore business
- have a solid financial, legal, and technical understanding and experience with complex projects management
- possess strong negotiation skills and excellent communication skills that enable you to communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- excel in people and team leadership with the ability to define a vision, mission, strategy, and direction, and create alignment and motivation of team members to succeed and achieve the necessary.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel Skov, Head of Product Line Integration & PL Project Management, on (Denmark +45) 99555135, if you’d like to know more about the position. Please note that Mikkel will be on holiday from 18th July but will be back in office from 8th August.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll lead an international team, incl. cross-disciplinary programme managers, PMO functions, technical specialists, QHSE leads and sourcing, and contracting experts.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.