IT and digital
System manager - Technical Application Responsible
Imagine a future where you manage applications and services for our business, as part of an innovative and dynamic IT environment
Join us in this role where you’ll be the system manager for applications used in production IT infrastructure, bringing a technical, tactical, and operational focus to application maintenance and optimisation, in line with our application lifecycle management (ALM) strategy. We work according to the agile SAFe framework and have just started a new agile journey, providing a great opportunity for you to take part in shaping how we incorporate agile into our team.
Welcome to IT Infrastructure and Service Operations Competency Centre
You’ll be part of the Production IT Infrastructure ART where you, together with your colleagues, will create and maintain standardised infrastructure and operational products for our energy- producing assets like windfarms, enabling a seamless, stable, and secure operation for our business globally. Besides classic IT infrastructure products and services, we operate products to service weather data, marine life, offshore radio communication, physical access control, Close Circuit TV, IoT data collection, etc.
You’ll play an important role in:
- complying with agreed application service levels, managing application financials, prioritising business continuity, and following escalation and disaster procedures in application service management
- managing the applications service on an operational level during the applications lifecycle
- contributing to the continuous optimisation and further development of the application, in collaboration with your colleagues around the world
- managing the application development roadmaps based on technical, functional, and business fit
- planning and executing application upgrades and patching in close coordination with end users, application owners, and application architects / SMEs
- managing and documenting application risk assessments to ensure appropriate security controls are in place, whilst onboarding new users to the application.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have documented experience with IT Service Management, preferably with ITIL framework certification (experience with ServiceNow is a plus)
- have experience providing IT support for business processes
- have some technical background as a system administrator and can quickly get to grips with new applications (understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Windows or Linux servers is a plus)
- have a “can-do” attitude
- speak and write English fluently and can communicate complex subjects with overview and precision, both in spoken and written contexts.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michal Zdanowski, Head of Infrastructure & SO, on (Poland +48) 573790082 you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.