Engineering and construction
Structural Engineer for foundation design software development
Imagine a future where your engineering background and software tool development expertise is key in enabling effective design of offshore foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll develop our in-house software tools for the design of offshore substructures. By working in close collaboration and alignment with designers and numerical specialists, you’ll ensure that user demands are accommodated by delivering the right level of quality to ensure effective execution of asset projects. You’ll be key in ensuring that our tool package is fit for future demands and needs, by which you’ll have an active role in shaping the tool strategy.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of the newly established Tool Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will push development, maturation, and maintenance of our internally developed design tools while continuously ensuring the applicability of what is developed for the foundation design process and user-friendliness requirements. We offer an opportunity to work with industry leaders within offshore wind turbine foundation design, load, and structural calculations. You’ll work in a large organisation with a wide range of stakeholders, allowing you to gain a holistic understanding of the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and supporting our internal tools for calculating design loads and the application of these on structural design components, enabling effective execution of foundation design
- connecting user needs with effective code writing and good practices in software development to ensure user friendliness
- maintaining a strong focus on how our tool package can contribute to the continual development of the design of foundations as well as best practices
- ensuring soundness and robustness of department’s tool package, incl. pre- and postprocessing tools for our load response tool and main design software tools for monopile and jacket substructures
- working in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines, numerical specialists, and IT professionals, mainly focusing on the optimisation of our internal design tools.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have hands-on experience with aero-elastic models and design load calculations, applied metocean conditions and hydro-/aerodynamics, or:
- have experience with design of offshore substructures subjected to various environmental loads
- have detailed knowledge of and large motivation for software development and programming, preferably in Python
- have a relevant engineering degree, e.g., in structural or mechanical engineering, preferably with experience from offshore structures as well as with design tool development
- have a positive attitude and a strong drive to understand and improve, not only for the sake of the product but for the company as a whole
- are fluent in English, both in speaking and in writing, and have good communication skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.