Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the safe operation of our transmission assets in Taiwan
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the operation and maintenance of wind farm electrical assets, including the HV/LV power system. The scope of the HV Specialist is to be an asset operator and perform and coordinate the electrical activities and execution of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of our Changhua 1 & 2a transmission assets.
Welcome to APAC Operations
You’ll be part of our HV Transmission team where you, together with your colleagues, will work under the directions of the HV Governance Lead and follow Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules and relevant Taiwanese regulations. Successful candidates will be seconded into the construction phase of the wind farm and undergo a series of job training programs to ensure that our candidates develop required competencies to operate and maintain electrical assets in Operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in developing the wind farm transmission asset strategy for Changhua 1 & 2a and any upcoming Taiwanese assets in accordance with our asset management policy
- being responsible for planning, managing, and preparing the electrical works related to the wind farm transmission asset, including all HV/LV components in the onshore and offshore power system
- being responsible for performing switchgear operations and investigating faults on site and for informing the control engineer
- developing a strong, positive electrical QHSE culture with colleagues and ensuring that there’s always a focus on maintaining and improving safety standards
- being seconded into the construction phase of the wind farm to complete a series of on-the-job training programs and developing the required competences to operate and maintain the transmission asset.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an analytical approach to your work and the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and calmly without losing perspective
- are able to live and work in shift patterns on an SOV (Service Operation Vessel) and comply with GWO medical requirements for working offshore and onshore
- have a good knowledge of UHV/HV transmission networks and power systems (a degree in electrical engineering is preferable) and have significant experience in UHV/HV operation and maintenance management
- speak and write English/Mandarin fluently
- are able to create excellent results through teamwork and to develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us, you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-09-30. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an on-site set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.