Strategy and business development
Student Assistant in Corporate Strategy
Imagine a future where you’ll unleash your talent, working with some of the key strategic topics for a global green energy major
Join us in this role where you’ll work on Ørsted’s key strategic projects such as formulating and executing the 2030 strategy, key strategic bets, sustainability topics, M&A, etc. in collaboration with your team. We offer an exciting and varied role where you’ll work with strategic topics for a company striving to solve climate change and have every opportunity to develop your knowledge, competences, and skillset.
Welcome to Corporate Strategy
You’ll be part of our Corporate Strategy team where you, together with your six colleagues, will report to the SVP for Corporate Strategy and Stakeholder Relations, and work directly with the executive team of Ørsted. It’s a dynamic, young, and ambitious team with a great focus on team spirit and personal development. A role in corporate strategy not only ensures a high degree of impact for Ørsted’s future, but also a high degree of personal development when it comes to strategy development and the consulting toolbox.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assisting to create and prepare internal and external presentations and decision materials for senior stakeholders
- taking part in business development tasks, which includes early identification of market segments, maturation of project opportunities, and assistance on the development of business cases
- participating in strategic projects and market assessments, including problem solving, development of top-down storylines, and insights which support the foundation for strategic and commercial business
- assisting colleagues with other ad hoc tasks related to strategic topics, as well as market and business development activities
- gathering, researching, and analysing quantitative and qualitative information from across the organisation and external sources, translating this into clear insights.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed bachelor’s degree in business, economics, social sciences, or equivalent, and are currently enrolled in a master’s programme
- have some prior strategy or business development experience, ideally from a consulting internship
- possess strong analytical skills and the ability to focus on key elements in large flows of information
- have a curious and collaborative mindset and the ability to work with people across different disciplines
- are eager to learn, have a can-do-mindset when facing challenging tasks, and a strong personal drive to get your tasks done.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For urgent enquiries, please contact Vilhelm Vig Nielsen, Strategy Manager, on +4599556484 on Tuesdays to Wednesdays from 11:00-11:30 GMT; GMT Standard Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.