Engineering and construction
Measurement Engineer for measurement campaigns (F&T)
Imagine a future where you take on the personal and technical challenges of being our Measurements Engineer on offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll become Measurement Engineer in the Measurements department. You’ll design and execute all the measurement campaigns needed around loads on the structure, Inclinometers, corrosion monitoring and much more. Furthermore, you’ll help ensure that our wind farms are serviced and provided with an up-to-date load measurement campaign that is adapted to the project requirements during all phases of their life cycle.
Welcome to Wind Farm Measurements
You’ll be part of our Measurements department where you, together with your colleagues, will work alongside a project manager and other campaign-related engineers in designing, executing, and maintaining measurement campaigns or equipment. You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design and site classification, in designing the best measurements campaigns for our offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being an active member within the measurement expertise area and being a part of the in-house knowledge hub for measurement equipment, load, and corrosion measurements
- working with specifying, deploying, and ensuring maintenance of measurement equipment from suppliers
- being assigned to projects in all phases of the wind farm life cycle and being responsible for measurement equipment, incl. coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensuring that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification and working in close contact with in-house stakeholders to proactively identify campaign requirements from customers
- being subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and managing contractors during the preparation and execution of campaigns.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education within Engineering or the Natural Sciences, possess substantial operational experience within the areas of expertise, and are GWO-certified
- have substantial knowledge within the area of measurements
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to the procurement process and negotiations
- have broad experience with managing HSE proactively, as a natural part of projects and campaigns
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills, and can present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22-05-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll primarily be working in an office-based set-up. But offshore work is required (10-25%) of the time.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.