Engineering and construction
OT Communication Infrastructure Engineer
Imagine a future where you work on a large physical communication infrastructure, ensuring reliable connectivity in our international wind farm portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll use your engineering expertise to design and oversee the development of optical and copper cabling for all data, voice, and radio communication in our wind farms. You’ll allocate optical fibres in export cables between onshore and offshore substations and in array cables between the wind turbines. Additionally, you’ll control communication panels’ design, their interconnections, and patching infrastructure.
Welcome to OT Communication Systems
You’ll be part of OT Infrastructure where you, together with your colleagues, will participate in establishing communication between different parts of the wind farm locations. You’ll join a team of seven in the department of 20 colleagues spread over three continents. You’ll also collaborate with the project team working in an international and dynamic setup, with the opportunity to travel to supplier and installation sites. You’ll be the glue that connects our systems, all the way from the wind turbines to the land-based IT infrastructure.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of our communication cable infrastructure
- handling cable lists and drawings for fibre-optic and Ethernet cables using dedicated software tools, e.g., ePLAN
- following a contract with a rack supplier and ensuring a high quality of deliveries
- participating in onsite visits to ensure high-quality installations
- administering our tender requirements and best practices.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a qualified electrician, with experience with fibre-optic and Ethernet installations, or are a recent graduate with a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- are passionate about fibre-optic, Ethernet, and coaxial cables, as well as LV power
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and thrive in an international environment, with the ability to create good relationships with our stakeholders
- thrive in an office environment and have strong experience with Microsoft Office and electrical design software.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jason Wei Jan Lian, Talent Acquisition Partner, if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work in the early phases of the projects, participating in tests and inspections at our suppliers’ sites in Europe, Asia, and North America. Later stages will benefit from wind farms inspections, incl. occasional offshore stay, in the localisation of the projects in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.