Strategy and business development
Director, Project Development
Imagine a future where you’re overseeing manager and associate-level members of the Project Development team to identify and mature wind, solar, and storage development assets
Join us in this role where you’ll play a leading part in the development of wind, solar, and storage projects and manage a small team of direct reports to achieve project success.
Welcome to the Ørsted Onshore Project Development team
You’ll be part of Project Development where you, together with your colleagues, will identify and mature wind, solar, and storage projects across the U.S.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading direct reports and cross-functional teams of subject matter experts in the assessment of potential development prospects and the maturation of existing development assets
- providing strategic guidance to the internal team on land acquisition and assisting direct reports with difficult negotiations
- managing project-level budgets and supporting the Regional Senior Director in monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting activities
- developing strategic plans for permitting and community acceptance
- establishing and managing relationships with elected officials, regulators, and other local stakeholders
- being responsible for managing the daily work, performance, and development of direct reports, with a focus on building an inclusive team and growing our talent.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrated the ability to identify and resolve potential project flaws and prioritize critical paths to prepare projects for FNTP on schedule and on budget
- have a track record of establishing landbank for projects at scale, managing land agents, and participating in difficult negotiations
- can successfully acquire discretionary permits
- have strong working knowledge of technical disciplines sufficient to leverage internal and external subject matter experts, including interconnection, resource assessment, real estate, GIS, etc.
- can communicate with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally to achieve project success.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-02-07. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operation US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to other offices and project communities.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.