Engineering and construction
Senior Electrical Engineer
Imagine a future where you take part in the technical qualification of wind turbines for our new wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll perform Technical Due Diligence (TDD) by assessing and mitigating the technical risks of new wind turbines in a team with three to four other specialists and a project manager. You’ll be working in close contact with the wind turbine supplier in preparing turbines for new wind farm projects.
Welcome to WTG Technical
You’ll be part of a team of 28 specialists that is responsible for all mechanical and electrical parts of the wind turbine. We support the business throughout the value chain, covering the technical qualification of new wind turbines, EPC project execution, and handover to operations. We engage with the desire to understand our suppliers and their solutions, as well as our stakeholders and their needs. Our brightness helps us to analyse the situation and find a way forward, and we follow up on risks to minimise potential impact to our business execution.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing and understanding electrical concepts and solutions
- determining technical risks related to timely delivery, performance, and reliability
- being in close dialogue with suppliers to both understand their solutions and to mitigate risks
- supporting problem-solving task forces when an electrical component fails or otherwise is non-compliant
- using your specialist knowledge to service peers in wind farm project execution, Operations & Maintenance (O&M), and other stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or possess a similar and related technical background
- have experience designing or analysing electrical parts of wind turbines, incl. transformers, high voltage switch gears, other high voltage systems, and lightning protections systems
- have analytical skills and can quantify technical risks and report these to stakeholders
- can work proactively and are self-driven when working in both small and large teams
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Wittrock, Senior Manager, on +4599557860 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have meetings with suppliers to discuss technical solutions and potential risk mitigations.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.